Sunday, April 24, 2011

In Your Easter Bonnet

The Liv doll came from the Bargain Bin, I think, several months ago. She caught my eye because I had never seen a doll quite like her. I found out she's a Liv doll (I think she's Sophie because she has blue eyes and the other blonde one has green eyes). She originally came with two wigs, which of course weren't with her when I got her. I am hoping Auntie Berman at the Bunch O'Hair Salon can glue hair to her head, since I doubt if I'd want to change wigs on her. Until she gets hair I can't give her a name. She's actually quite cute with just the short molded hair but I held several different bunches of hair on her head and like her better that way.
I had grandiose ideas of making everyone new Easter outfits, but like the old woman in the shoe, I have so many children I don't know what to do. So only the Liv doll got an outfit and that was because of the dress we found at Goodwill Bargain Bin.



I thought it was a skirt when I got it and realized later it's a dress. It actually looks like a nightgown and I didn't think it was attractive. So I revamped it by using the neckline for the waist and sewing from the waist to the hem, bypassing the armholes. Then it turned out the waist was a tiny bit too small, so I had to reposition the velcro (there wasn't time for her to go on a diet). By the time I got done, I realized I probably could have made her a whole new skirt in the time it took me to redo this one.

The Easter Bonnet


Ready for the Easter Parade
Her top is a just a sock with armholes cut in it that I had made for Chardonnay. Surprisingly it fits both of them. Her hat was another Goodwill find and I trimmed it with a boa that was from a bear's dress. Now if only she had shoes.


This is a skirt I made her from a blouse Mrs. Smith gave me to use for doll clothes. I made a dress for Chardonnay out of it too.



Here she is dressed in a pair of jeans and a dolman top, both handy items of clothing that we had picked up because you never know who will need clothes.

She is probably the closest thing I'll ever get to a ball-jointed doll, unless they start turning up in thrift stores.

3 comments:

  1. Her Easter outfit is soooo cute. I also like her in jeans, sitting on that potting bench.
    I will do what I can with her new hair but my forte is mohair that can be bunched up and hot glued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look up Liv dolls, I'm learning of a whole new world of dolls!!!

    That cloth doll in the previous post looks interesting, wonder where she came from originally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm constantly learning about dolls I never knew existed. Lulu is certainly a one-of-a-kind doll.

    ReplyDelete