Saturday, May 7, 2011

Head Transplant and a New MGA Doll

Auntie Berman had a Queen Amidala doll from a thrift shop, but since we are fascinated by articulated dolls, she wanted QA to have an articulated body. After googling and reading about "Remove Barbie Head" I felt qualified to do the job. I found an articulated body Barbie at work.

Now, my little pretty, you are going to lose your head.
I turned the blow dryer on her neck for a while and using a small flat screwdriver, pried the head hook out. You have to look closely to see the brown hook coming out of her neck.

Don't worry. She didn't feel a thing.
Now Queen Amidala has a different, more difficult hook and I considered just snipping the hook with wire cutters or something, but then the poor Barbie wouldn't have a body. So with perseverence and using the blow dryer again, I got the hook out and switched heads. This is kind of a blurry picture but it's the best I could do.

Look, Your Majesty, you can move your elbows, wrists, chest, and ankles!
I put clothes on the Barbie's new body. I don't know what I'll do with her. Maybe practice face painting.

Good as new!

Barbie's body is a little more well developed than QA's, so the dress was kind of a tight fit around the top.

A few days ago I saw a very pretty MGA doll at work and had to get her. She is an Addison from the BFC Ink dolls. She has a slightly different body style than the MGA 4-Ever Best Friends, but I think she and Jade will be have fun together.

Jade and the Addison doll.
I'd better start making more clothes.

3 comments:

  1. Queen Amidala is sooo happy. Now she can sit on her throne. We are a good team, I take care of the dolls' hair and you take care of the head transplants. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet QA is really happy, she got articulated joints AND a bigger chest. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Angel, too bad this doesn't happen in real life! LOL

    ReplyDelete